SUNDAY RELIGIOUS EDUCATION FOR CHILDREN (Age 4 - Grade 8)
Children's Classroom Sessions
Classroom sessions will take place in the parish school on Sunday mornings
Sept. - Dec. - 11:00am-12:00pm
Jan. - Apr. - 10:00-11:00am
Enter the school through the door closest to the Women’s restroom in the Atrium.
Parents must drop off and pick up children each week at that door.
FIRST CLASSROOM SESSION-FALL 2022: Sun., Sept. 25 - 11:00am
A session will be held to explain the program components, outline expectations of families and children, and provide initial information about preparing for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion.
WHEN: Sun., Sept. 11 - English - 10:15am & Spanish - 11:15am
Family Formation Sessions
Four family activities sessions are scheduled throughout the year.
They are intended for the whole family to come and participate in some fun learning activities about the Church and its traditions.
WHEN: Oct. 30 - Saints; Nov. 20 - Advent; Feb. 19 - Lent; May 28 - Pentecost
CHILDREN'S SCHEDULE & REGISTRATION
- Religious Education Highlights for Current Year - Ages 4 - Grace 8 (PDF update coming soon!)
- Religious Education Schedule (PDF update coming soon!)
- Religious Education Registration Form (PDF) - REGISTER ONLINE NOW
MINISTRY OPPORTUNITIES - Volunteers Needed
As we resume programs for the year, there are many places for which we're in need of ministry volunteers.
If something interests you, or you want more information, please contact Carol Ann or, simply REGISTER HERE to volunteer.
- Liturgy of the Word for Children: We're aiming to resume Liturgy of the Word on Sundays, during the 9:00am Mass in English and 12:30pm Mass in Spanish. This ministry requires two high school students or two adult leaders each Sunday—ideally for a 1x/month commitment.
- Religious Education Catechist (Teachers) and Aides for our Sunday morning program. We meet most Sundays a month, beginning in September through the end of April (10:00 - 11:00am). English, Spanish and Bilingual volunteers are encouraged.
- Family Formation Event Planning Committee: We're looking for a group of people interested in planning 4 Family Events throughout the year (All Saints Trivia, Advent Day, Lent Day and a Kite Festival for Pentecost). These events would happen on Sundays and be open to all HR parish families.
- Family Formation Website Contributors: We would like to create a webpage that provides families with ways of living out their faith on a monthly basis. We're looking for volunteers to help find creative ideas connected the Seasons of the Church year.
- Middle School Girls Bible Study Leader: We're looking for young women in high school or college who would be willing to facilitate conversation with middle school youth one afternoon a month.