Social Outreach Ministries
Holy Rosary's Social Outreach Commission
The Social Outreach Commission will strive to identify and meet the social needs of Holy Rosary Parish and the surrounding community.
HOW WE SERVE
Meeting Household Needs
- Nativity Food Pantry - Provides nutritional food to persons in need at no charge; Located at 1167 S. Green River Road - Learn more.
- St. Vincent de Paul at Holy Rosary - Visit homes & serves the poor of our community. Meets every other Thursday evening at 6:30pm in the Parish Hall - Learn more.
- Giving Tree/Christmas Giving Program - Provides Christmas presents for the poor of our community - Holy Rosary, State Hospital and Children's Psychiatric Hospital - Learn more.
- Habitat for Humanity - Based at Holy Rosary, financially supports and helps with the Catholic Build locally through Habitat for Humanity of Evansville.
- Clothes Closet - The Clothes Closet is closed at this time due to the sale of the Nativity Church property. The Clothes Closet will be reestablished when a suitable location is found.
Addressing Health & Life Issues
- Health Ministry - The Healthy Ministry includes Health Presentations, a Health Library, Blood Pressure Screenings, Red Cross Blood Drives and other avenues of service - Learn More.
- Respect Life - Liason between Respect Life and the Catholic Diocese of Evansville Learn more.
Acting for Justice & Empowerment
- C.A.J.E. - Serves the whole community, works with community churches for social justice alongside other congregations as members of Congregations Acting for Justice and Empowerment - Learn more.
Reaching Out Globally
- Haiti program - Assists with food for Haiti Priests and Sisters. Help in maintaining buildings, send donation four times a year - Learn more.